(Effective date: March 1st, 2019)
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information in multiple ways including when you provide information directly to us, when you permit third parties to provide information to us (such as Facebook logins), and when we collect statistics such as SEO (Search Engine Optimization) from your browser or device’s IP address.
We may collect information from you such as:
- When you register for an Account;
- When you enroll for e-newsletters;
- When you book a lesson with a Provider
- When you accept a lesson booking from a Student/Parent
- When you communicate with a provider or student;
- When you make a purchase;
- When you fill out any forms;
- When you otherwise communicate with us either through the Application or email/phone.
The information you provide may concern you or others and may include, but is not limited to: (a) name; (b) zip code; (c) email address; (d) home or business telephone number; (e) home, business or mailing address; (f) demographic information (e.g., gender, age); (g) date of birth; (h) photographs; (i) data about your communications with others using the Application; and in some instances, identity verification information. You are not required to provide us with the above information, such information, but this may limit certain features of the TMS Mobile Application that possibly may not be accessible or available.
HOW THE MUSICIANSHIP APPLICATION USES INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use your information for any or all of the following explanations:
- For the purposes for which you gave it to us;
- To allow you to register for our services and verify your identity
- To address fraud or safety concerns, or to investigate complaints or suspected fraud or wrongdoing;
- For our internal records;
- To occasionally send emails regarding your account, other The MusicianShip programs, events or services we offer.
- You agree we may contact you by text messaging, telephone or email regarding information you have requested;
- For third-party payment gateways and payment service providers who we use with our Application (Stripe).
- Maintain and improve our Application for present and future uses;
- To respond to any questions or customer support;
- For research and analytics.
- To enforce any legalities concerning your use of the Application, disputes and to protect ourselves and other users of the Application.
WHEN THE MUSICIANSHIP’S LESSONS APPLICATION DISCLOSES YOUR INFORMATION
Unless otherwise described in this Policy, we may also share the information that we collect from you through the Application as follows:
- Service Providers. We may third parties access to your information who implement services on our behalf. These include; identity verification, fraud and safety protection , billing, sales, fulfillment, data storage, processing and analysis. As we work with new service providers, we seek contractual guarantees that they will only use the information to help us provide you with the Application services.
- Legal Requirements. When required by law, we may disclose your information when necessary to: (a) enforcing and administering agreements with users (b) comply with court orders, subpoenas or other legal requests we receive; (c) exercise our legal rights to (c) defend The MusicianShip against legal claims. If we are required by law to disclose your information, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you with our sole discretion unless (a) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, court order or applicable law; or (b) providing notice could create harm or fraud directed to The MusicianShip or users, risk of death or injury. We will attempt our best to notify you by the email and/or address you supplied.
- Business Transfers. If there is any change of control of the Application, user information may be among the transferred assets.
Registering for an Account requires providing us with your name. If you register through Facebook, the Application will use the name associated with your Facebook account. Your full name may be visible to other users.
We may use third-party web analytics services on the Application, such as Google Analytics. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information, please install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on. To opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page.
Only persons 18 years of age or older may use the Application to book a lesson or sign up to be a Provider. If an individual under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will close and delete the account.
The MusicianShip’s Application may use encryption, passwords, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. No security measures are 100% foolproof. Therefore, we cannot guarantee your personal information or private communications will not be collected, disclosed and/or used by others. The MusicianShip Inc is not responsible for the unauthorized use of your account or lost, stolen, or compromised passwords.
UPDATING, CORRECTING AND DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
You may opt out of email communications by following the opt-out instructions located in emails sent to you. This may take up to 10-15 business days to process opt-out requests.
THIS POLICY IS CURRENT AS OF THE EFFECTIVE DATE SET FORTH ABOVE. THE MUSICIANSHIP MAY, IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, CHANGE THIS POLICY AT ANY TIME. THE MUSICIANSHIP POST ITS UPDATED POLICY ON THE APPLICATION SITE OR EMAIL YOU IN ADVANCE OF THE NEW POLICY CHANGES. THE MUSICIANSHIP ENCOURAGES YOU TO REVIEW THIS POLICY REGULARLY FOR ANY CHANGES. YOUR CONTINUED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE APPLICATION WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS OF THE THEN-CURRENT POLICY.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER
Our computer systems are currently based in the United States, so your personal data will be processed by us in the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world, such as the European Union. If you create an Account with the Application as a visitor from outside the United States, by using the Application, you agree to this Policy and you consent to the transfer of all such information to the United States, which may not offer an equivalent level of protection of that required in the European Union or certain other countries, and to the processing of that information as described in this Policy.